Penske Automotive Group, headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, is an international transportation services company that operates automotive and commercial truck dealerships principally in the United States, Canada, and Western Europe, and distributes commercial vehicles, diesel engines, gas engines, power systems and related parts and services principally in Australia and New Zealand.
A former employee unleashes the fury with 6 reasons why Penske Automotive sucks:
1. You have to constantly watch your pay check to make sure you're being paid right (Either the business office staff flunked out of 4th grade algebra or Penske is getting those dividends up off people who don't pay attention to their checks) I'm not even kidding it's almost never right.
2. Extreme Favoritism: It's shameless and obvious. There is no such thing as an equal playing field at any company, but here it's like they take pride in making sure you know it in the most obvious and extreme way possible. they don't give people the tools they need to succeed unless you're one of the chosen ones.
3. Management is weak and/or non-confrontational. The managers that DO know what they are doing are not getting paid enough and are checked-out, those that don't know are just happy to have a job at all because they are so lazy and/or stupid. They employ mindless puppets that NEED a job, no one Wants to be here.
4. Turnover is HIGH because once people get in they almost never want to stay (unless they are said chosen ones), and since Penske doesn't pay well and their benefits are laughable at best they are open to just about anything else
5. The benefits here are TERRIBLE, You'd be better off socking the money away in a savings account and paying full retail for any medical procedure it's just that bad.
5. They recently cut the new and pre-owned Managers pay by 23%, and the Pre-owned Sales staff Commission by 50%. They did this without any notice, and a cliche "times are tough" speech one hot afternoon (within 2 weeks i saw an announcement that Penske Dividends were at an all time high...).
6. You are expected to work 7 days a week, at any hour, on a rotating schedule that changes monthly and seems to have little or no correlation to what is necessary.
I'll stop there because this could go on forever but yeah... I wouldn't wish this upon anyone save a last resort to keep yourself afloat while you look for better prospects elsewhere.
Current Employee - Sales Associate says"Crap pay plan the management plays favorites some people are allowed to work 35 hours a week while others are required to work 45-50 while doing the same job. They don’t care about how things looks unless the EVP is coming down for a visit then all of a sudden the bushes are getting trimmed. They talk about internal advancement but it’s a complete lie at least in RI."
Porter (Former Employee) says"Managers are horrible and company is corrupt. They will work you to the bone and toss you when you aren’t spending every second at the dealership. They only care about their income and they refer to customers as cockroaches."
Former Employee - Sales says"Don’t go here to learn anything. You will not get any training. Also, expect your pay plan to change from month to month so the mangers and Rodger Penske can get more money in their pockets and out of yours."
Automotive Photographer (Current Employee) says"Not enough diversity. Untrustworthy management and harassment. Pay was great and hours were great but not enough diversity for race, gender, orientation."
Former Employee - Assistant Buyer says"Manipulative and egotistical management. All that matters are the stock-holders - no one else! They don't shy away from saying this. Will take advantage of you in a heartbeat if given the slightest opportunity. Corporate profits constantly rise, but raises never happen!"
Express Service Consultant (Current Employee) says"Go somewhere where you are actually valued. If you are here just for the experience then I do recommend it but other than looking for something secure and a place to grow then I do not."
Former Employee - Customer Service Associate says"Management lacks leadership and communication"
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) says"No room for advancement and a unstable management team. High turnover rate with staff because of lack of promotions and staff that use illegal substances. No diversity in the workforce."
TMJ-Auto. Jobs says"If you're looking for work in Duluth, GA, check out this #Automotive job via the link in our bio: Fleet Maintenance… https://t.co/cxrNkBe6tZ"
NH Automotive says"We're hiring! Click to apply: Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level - https://t.co/FdSsgXutor #gopenskecareers #Automotive"
Penske Canada Jobs says"We're hiring! Click to apply: (PTL Canada) Maintenance Shop Supervisor - https://t.co/kuHt1M8eza #gopenskecareers #Automotive"
New York Automotive says"Want to work at Penske Truck Leasing? We're hiring in Oswego, NY! Click for details: https://t.co/gtHEdzqz85 #gopenskecareers #Automotive"
In The News
Simply Wall St reports"Penske Automotive Group, Inc. Just Missed Earnings And Its EPS Looked Sad – But Analysts Have Updated Their Models"
Crain's Detroit Business reports"Penske Automotive to cut executive pay, furlough employees, postpone capital expenditures"
The Motley Fool reports"Penske Automotive Group Earnings: What to Watch"
Motley Fool reports"Penske Automotive Group Inc (PAG) Q3 2019 Earnings Call Transcript"